I am serious.
I say this to myself over and over on Mondays and Thursdays:
“I love dialing the phone. I love dialing the phone. I love dialing the phone.”
Only two days a week we dial, and that sets up our whole week for money-making appointments.
Here are a couple tips for dialing:
1. Read a Script – Don’t free flow when you are new
2. Lower your voice an octave: Dont get excited when someone answers, control yourself. We are setting appointments, no one is excited to set an appointment.
3. Close every call: “I look forward to meeting you and helping you” – makes them want to say “Thank You”
4. Dial enough numbers to connect with a minimum of 30 people a day: Sounds Hard? Well, so does being broke. This is the only real work in this business. The rest is fun… Force yourself to dial and you will make more money than you could ever imagine.
5. Always triple dial:
- 1st call – NA
- 2nd call – NA
- 3rd call – Booked Appointment. Happens all the time.
6. Leave short messages: Long messages are a waste of time – People don’t typically listen or call back and leaving a pitch on voicemail can give you false hope. Keep it short and sweet and NEXT!
Your mission (should you choose to accept it): Get better on the phone than everyone else!